National Medical Marijuana Guidelines
While Medical Marijuana is a viable alternative for pain management, how do we incorporate it into our Life Care Plans? Join us as we learn about the endocanabinoid system and identify conditions that have quality evidence for the use of cannabis. We will also discuss the dichotomy between federal and state legislation regarding the use of Medical Marijuana.
- Appreciate the general characteristics of the endocannabinoid system
- Describe the dichotomy between federal and state legislation for the use of marijuana
- Locate the conditions that have moderate to high quality evidence for the use of cannabis
- Summarize the essential knowledge and practice considerations for the nurse who will be caring for a patient that is using medical marijuana
- Locate the medical marijuana administration provisions of the MMP
Date: Wednesday April 8th, 2020
When: 1:00 PM (EST)
Presenter: Kathleen Russell, JD, MN, RN | Associate Director | Nursing Regulation |
Presentation Date: April 8th 2020
About The Presenter: Kathleen Russell, a lawyer and a nurse, is an Associate Director in the Division of Nursing Regulation for NCSBN. Kathleen’s professional background includes 40 years of nursing, legal, and non-profit leadership experience. She practiced nursing as a pediatric clinical nurse specialist and nursing educator, and law as a trial attorney. At NCSBN, she is responsible for services provided to member boards related to investigation and discipline, National Practitioner Data Bank reporting, alternative to discipline programs, substance use disorder, licensure fraud and most recently cannabis.