AANLCP Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning
Editorial Committee Agenda
March 24, 2021
Via ZOOM! (please don’t dress up) Address at the end of the page.
Beverage of choice encouraged.
8pm eastern/7pm central/6pm mtn/5pm pacific
New Business: I will be weeding the cc list after this meeting. Please let me know if you haven’t already if you plan to continue and you have not graced us with your presence, reviewed any submissions, or written for us in the last year. Will do my best to attract more folks at conference in May.
May (deadline Jan 15): Business of NLCP : In production. It’s too late for you to share the things we talked about at the last meeting, but not too late to send me exemplars for conference.
August (deadline April 15): NLCP across the ages. Please bring your leads on the missing topics and any others for this meeting!
* One set of references for pain mgmt in elders— bullet lists, references
Caregivers, family respite care
- SNF— adults, children, adolescents
- Adolescents who become violent or predatory post head inj, under-recognized syndrome; Kimberly Reen and PM&R, also will do something for Peds issue in 2022
- Children c catastrophic inj, coming to home care, Marcia Blount, Jess says she will do a article based on her presentation at conf or webinar on kids home c catastrophic, etc.
- Post-polio syndrome— Tricia West has MD colleague who has post polio himself; will do interview article, would like questions to ask him. Please email Tricia directly asap so she can proceed.
- Guardianship issues — Andrea G will do
- Future technology— autonomous cars? Not sure how this applies to the idea of NLCP across the aging continuum of care, but will entertain ideas
- MSAs, variable per states, what to know: Dawn Cook said Shirley Daugherty is doing this. UDPATE?
November- (deadline July 15): Expert witnessing, testimony at trials and depositions
- What was winning for the jury: Safety as a LCP focus for their attention: Holly Allman
- Report writing: Wendie doing a session at Conference on this, will consider merging
- How to prep your attorney for testimony
- Shelene’s list of questions to have the atty ask LCP— who had that?
- Demonstrative evidence (have)
- Costing research, resources, mechanics, tutorial, vendors: Jim Quinn doing a survey article on this, group shared some resources for him to use and explore : making progress on this
February – (October 15 deadline) Criminal NLCP work
- Child sexual abuse and the LCP
- PTSD; multiple causes; Kirsten and Evelyn interested in this
- Spousal abuse
May – Pediatrics
- child abuse
- head injury
- federal vaccine program work
- residential settings, transitions
- Kimberly Reen and peds PM&R, to be determined
August – Pain management update, alternatives
- Alternatives to opioids? New tech? CBD? CBT?
November – Wound healing
- Pressure injury
- Chronic/ arterial/venous/lymphedema
- c cognitive issues
- Nutritional supports
Schedule / Deadlines NOTE dates for reviews in please!
- Formatted due to Edit.
- Out to reviewers
- Due back from reviewers
Spring, May 1
Summer, Aug 1
Fall, Nov 1
Next meeting: April 21, 2021
(8:00pm eastern / 7:00pm central / 6:00pm mountain / 5:00pm pacific) RSVP!
*Please put this recurring event and call-in number in your electronic prosthetic memory for the 3rd Weds of q month*
Wendie Howland’s Personal Meeting Room