DIRECTIONS FOR USING THE LIFE CARE PLANNING TOOLKIT
CARAGONNE AND ASSOCIATES, LLC
The LCP Toolkit is a collection of Open Access* and other files not under copyright. These files were collected in the course of our work in Life Care Planning at Caragonne and Associates, LLC. This is the unifying factor linking the disparate subjects you will find within. No effort has been made to categorize these files by subject since many of the files address multiple topics and it has been easier to simply employ an operating system search function using keywords to identify the files required.
A few trials will display the variety of material contained in these files. For some examples, try searching for the words LIFE EXPECTANCY or STANDARD to observe
the variety of documents available. We hope you enjoy this collection and find it useful.
We have attempted to remove all copy -written materials from the LCP Toolkit. Non-copy written articles are reproduced in full. If you find copy-written material that has
been over-looked, please remove it and let us know. All copyright holder takedown requests will be honored.
To begin using the LCP Toolkit:
The LCP Toolkit is a flat-field database. In other words, the Toolkit has no organizational structure based on content, files are placed in a single folder and the computer search function is used to find the articles of interest. There are no subcategories, you cannot go to a folder labeled “Spinal Cord Injury” and find only “Spinal Cord Injury”-related documents. There are too many possible complications secondary to a spinal cord injury that would require duplication in another directory. For
instance, articles about diabetes would require inclusion in the “Spinal Cord Injury” folder as well as in a “Diabetes” folder. This awkwardness and repetition is not necessary when using the search function of your computer. For example, a search of the Toolkit for spinal cord injury would yield documents that explicitly named diabetes and spinal cord injury. Once a secondary complication of spinal cord injury is identified, then the user can search for that term to identify all of the diabetes related information in the toolkit.
In order to begin using the LCP Toolkit, complete the following steps:
- Download the entire folder from Dropbox to your computer. You may need to create an account with Dropbox and you will need to have sufficient space on your computer’s storage to hold the Toolkit, currently about 2.5 GB. We will be adding files about once per year so the size of the folder will increase as you download the updates to your computer.
- Downloading the folder will take some time because of the size. We suggest downloading overnight or on a weekend.
- To begin the download, follow the link supplied to the Dropbox-based copy of the Toolkit. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/roxbx22oylzohzj/AAAl3uJJayKOB-_6uMGfK2ySa?dl=0
- At the part of the page below the title “2022 Toolkit” you will see two buttons. The first is “Save to Dropbox” and to the right is a button labeled “Download”. Press the “Download” button and after a short wait, the download process will begin.
- First choose “Save As” and then choose where you want to store the documents. For example, we store all our toolkit documents in a folder called “LCP Toolkit.”
- How long the download will take is dependent upon your download speed.
- The file you are downloading is a ZIP compressed file. Once the download is complete, you have to un-compress the file in order to use the files.
- Create a folder for the un-compressed Toolkit and open the compressed folder and select all the files inside. Drag or copy these files to the newly created folder and copy or paste them inside.
- Your computer should recognize these new files and index them for you so they can be searched. This could take overnight so leave your computer on so that this step can finish.
- You are now ready to use the Toolkit. Open the Toolkit folder containing the un-compressed files and execute a search. You should have results in less than a second. If you get too many results, add another search term, conversely, if your results are limited, simplify your search terms.
Because starting to use the Toolkit, we want you to know that we can extend technical support to you that will enhance your experience. Our telephone number is +1 214-764-1828 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you are welcome to call during normal business hours. If we are not available, please leave your name and telephone
and we will return your call.
If you would like additional information about our company, please search for us at caragonne.com or you can contact us by email at email@example.com. Our website has additional information about the services we offer in life care planning. The Toolkit is comprised of collective research distilled from our work developed for litigation contexts
since 1990. We’ve saved much of the research we identified during the development of our
life care plans and other related projects. We hope it is helpful to your practice.
Please note that the Life Care Planning Toolkit donated by Caragonne and Associates, LLC to the American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (“AANLCP”) is provided for informational purposes only. The toolkit is intended to assist AANLCP members in their professional activities related to life care planning, and it is not intended to serve as a substitute for professional judgment or legal advice.
Caragonne and Associates, LLC, the AANLCP, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives make no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information contained in the Life Care Planning Toolkit. The information in the toolkit is subject to change without notice, and Caragonne and Associates, LLC, the AANLCP, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in the toolkit, or for any actions taken in reliance on the information contained therein.
The Life Care Planning Toolkit is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Caragonne and Associates, LLC, the AANLCP, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the toolkit, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using the Life Care Planning Toolkit, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Caragonne and Associates, LLC, the AANLCP, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the toolkit.
The Life Care Planning Toolkit is copyrighted material, and AANLCP members are authorized to use the toolkit solely for their own professional activities related to life care planning. No part of the toolkit may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of Caragonne and Associates, LLC.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Life Care Planning Toolkit or its use, please contact the AANLCP