Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an active member who demonstrates outstanding support through significant contributions to the American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP®). The Executive Board is responsible for the coordination of the nomination, application, selection, and the notification process related to the awarding of the Distinguished Service Award.
- Must be an active member of AANLCP for at least two years.
- Promotes the role of nurse life care planning.
- Supports the association regularly and consistently.
Candidates must show evidence of outstanding contributions to the
field of nurse life care planning including, but not limited to, the
- Conducting research or developing projects that have contributed to improvement in the field of nurse life care planning.
- Authoring books, articles or other communication that have significant implications.
- Providing leadership through active participation in AANLCP and other organizations at the local, state, national or international level.
- Representing AANLCP and the field of practice in other professional organizations.
- Promoting professional development activities to expand the expertise and career direction of members.
- Contributing to the profession and the mission of AANLCP.
Review of Nominations
- The Executive Board, with participation from the Management Company and the prior year awardee, may nominate someone
meeting the established criteria.
- Nominations are to be submitted to AANLCP using the Distinguished Service Award Nomination Form.
- Call for nominations on August 1st.
- Form must be submitted by January 1st. Self nominations will not be accepted.
- The selection process will be incorporated into the Strategic Planning meeting.
- The announcement of the scholarship recipient will occur at the AANLCP Annual Educational Conference by the President of the association.
- The recipient will be recognized and receive a crystal award by the previous year’s award winner.
- The Distinguished Service Award need not be awarded each year.