Ambassador Award Nomination Form
The AANLCP Ambassador Award was established in recognition of Denise Nelson for her contributions to AANLCP and its members. Denise served as the AANLCP Operations Manager from 2004 until her retirement in 2015. She advanced the association through support, insight, strategic planning, and most importantly, as the association ambassador. Denise regularly went above the call of duty in promoting the organization, providing support to nurses in need, and contributing to the association goals and mission.
The Ambassador Award recognizes a member who has notably exceeded the traditional membership role in increasing awareness of the association and advocating for the role of the nurse life care planner. The award recipient contributes to nurse life care planning by encouraging the leadership of others and demonstrates the remarkable ability to foster ambassadorship to fellow nurses, the industry, partners, and the community.
- Nominees must hold an active membership in AANLCP for at least two years.
- Demonstrates consistent congenial relationships and builds beneficial connections with other nurses, both within and outside AANLCP.
- Promotes the role of nurse life care planning.
- Encourages the development of leadership in self and others.
- Respects and supports association members and partners.
- Supports the association regularly and consistently.
- Promotes association-sanctioned education events.
- Seeks to determine how the association can most effectively meet the needs of others.
- Supports the association through active participation as a committee member.
Review of Nominations
- Nominations will be reviewed at a meeting of the Executive Board.
- Award winner is determined by ballot majority vote of the Board.
- The Ambassador Award will be announced at the AANLCP Annual Educational Conference.
- The recipient will receive recognition at the AANLCP Annual Educational Conference.
- The annual nomination deadline is February 1st.
- Nominations are to be submitted online through the AANLCP website using the Awards and Recognition
- The Ambassador Award need not be awarded each year.