EXECUTIVE BOARD &

COMMITTEE CHAIRS MEETING MINUTE JUNE 9, 2020

APPROVED XX/XX/XX

MEETING INFORMATION
Objective: Executive Board & Joint Committee Chairs Meeting
Date: June 9, 2020
Location: Virtual
Time: 6:30 EDT / 5:30 CDT / 4:30 MDT / 3:30 PDT
Call to order: 6:30 p.m. EDT
Adjourned: 8:30 PM EDT
Coordinator: Erin OConnell Facilitator: Erin OConnell
Timekeeper: Kelly Dawson Scribe: Kelly Dawson
Attendees: Erin OConnell, Evelyn Robert, Kelly Dawson, Penny Cates, Wendie Howland, Joan Schofield
Guests: None
Absent: Becky Czarnik, Victoria Powell, Phelicia McCallum

PREPARATION FOR MEETING

Committee Chairs Meeting Minutes – updates from Committee Chairs or
representative for each committee
A. Conference Committee
B. Education Committee
C. Research Committee
D. Journal Committee
E. Nominations Committee
F. Membership/Outreach Committee
G. Mentorship Program / Lifeline
H. Student Track

Quarterly EB-Chair Meeting Minutes for 6/9/20: Reviewed via email and approved X/XX/20.
MINUTES

A. Conference Committee: Joan Schofield
a. Monthly meeting – Date/time: 3rd Wednesday – afternoon
b. Committee member – 12
c. No meeting yet, but they are scheduled
d. 1st task – line up speakers
e. Requested that conference website be updated with Memphis 2021


B. *Education Committee Report: no update
a. Monthly meeting – 1st Wednesday at 11 a.m. EDT
b. Committee members: Chair – Becky Czarnik; Members: Kelly Dawson, Nellie
Kramer, Edna Preau-Grier
c. Webinar Wednesday – Current status
I. June – Mathew Fuller – ReWalk
II. July – TBD
III. August – Writing for publication
IV. Future: Find-A-Code, AHD, more attorneys to speak about specific
cases
V. Working on September – December 2020
d. Crash Cart: Plan to set up a meeting with FIG to delineate roles as we
advance
a. Education Survey


C. Research Committee Report: Joan Schofield – no update
a. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
b. Committee members: Linda Husted, Nancy Zangmiester, Penny Cates
c. Current status
i. Results from the survey done at 2018 Conference is in, continue
analysis of the study; Joan has completed basic tabulations, but more
data to be extrapolated
d. Outstanding issues: ??


D. Journal Committee Report: Wendie Howland
a. Monthly meeting – 3rd Wednesday at 8 p.m. EST
b. EB liaison for Journal Committee – Evelyn Robert
c. Call-in number (712) 832-8330; access code 2093940
d. Publications dates: February, May, August, and November
e. Plan: future journal topics
i. August 2020 – Evidenced Based Practice
ii. November 2020 – Durable Medical Equipment
iii. February 2021 – Therapeutic modalities
iv. May 2021 – Business of NLCP
v. August 2021 – NLCP across the ages
vi. November 2021 – TBD
f. Nurses Editors Association – discussion re: is there content from committees
and boards, what is going on with the Association – AANLCP; President’s not
in each issue – ?? 1 – 2 pages for committee reports, project updates, the
general state of the association; Education committee could list upcoming
webinars, etc., Conference Committee could give updates
g. Vote on article of the year – virtual journal that publishes 1 article from each
nursing specialties and organizations – submitted article re; uses of
Ketamine; comes out in August; around 60 other journals – international;
published in other languages
h. Wendie wants to have our nurses submitting articles or case studies to other
journals

E. Core: Wendie Howland – Wendie Howland, Editor
a. Associate Editors – Shelly Kinney and Barbra Bate
b. Most chapters are in and in the process of being reviewed
c. Publisher should be identified by September; EB to start RFP process
d. Published in hard copy vs. ebook
e. Plan to authorize $750 payment to each of the co-authors; total owed to
$1,500

F. Nomination Committee Report: Erin OConnell
a. Nominations campaign pending distribution to the membership
G. *Membership/Outreach Committee Report: Phelicia McCallum – No Report
a. Membership update (no report)
i. Look at revising the protocol for standard questions (e.g., FAQ page
with standard questions that are often asked)
ii. Conference set up for new members to feel welcome and learn how
the conference works. Consider mentors for new members
iii. Provide a list of new member conference attendees to Joanne in
preparation for Conference mentorship
iv. Outstanding issues- ??
v. Considering adding a membership tier for retired life care planners
b. Outreach
i. Members: ??
ii. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
iii. GOAL: Increase positive image of AANLCP among members; increase
membership participation; increase membership numbers
iv. Marketing Tool: This Newsletter is a marketing tool to be used, not to
be confused with the Journal, considered as education
v. Plan – send members birthday emails on the day/month of their
birthday, Newsletter (? Quarterly)
vi. Will send emails to each audience. Will be short newsletters that
include information about webinars, Journal, some educational
snippets, next years’ conference

H. *Mentorship Program / Lifeline: No Report
a. Mentor/Mentee – Guidelines
b. Open to all members
I. Student Track: Erin OConnell
a. FIG and Capital University are approved programs
b. Students members get various benefits and discounts

*The items that were not discussed will be followed up in email communications if necessary
Motion to adjourn approved
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m. EDT.

Disclamer:
**The content of this document is for member use only. Not to be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, or modified. Copying or storing any content thereof is prohibited.