EXECUTIVE BOARD &

COMMITTEE CHAIRS MEETING MINUTE DECEMBER 8, 2020

APPROVED XX/XX/XX

MEETING INFORMATION
Objective: Executive Board & Joint Committee Chairs Meeting
Date: December 8, 2020
Location: Virtual
Time: 6:30 EST / 5:30 CST / 4:30 MST / 3:30 PST
Call to order: 6:35 PM EST
Adjourned: 7:44 PM EST
Coordinator: Erin OConnell Facilitator: Erin OConnell
Timekeeper: Kelly Dawson Scribe: Kelly Dawson
Attendees: Erin OConnell, Kelly Dawson, Penny Cates, Joan Schofield, Victoria Powell, Wendie Howland
Guests: N/A

Absent: Evelyn Robert, Becky Czarnik, Phelicia McCallum

PREPARATION FOR MEETING

Committee Chairs Meeting Minutes – updates from Committee Chairs or
representative for each committee
A. Conference Committee
B. Education Committee
C. Research Committee
D. Journal Committee
E. Nominations Committee
F. Membership/Outreach Committee
G. Mentorship Program / Lifeline
H. Student Track

MINUTES

A. *Conference Committee: Victoria Powell & Joan Schofield Co-Chairs
a. Monthly meeting – 2nd Wednesday
b. Committee member volunteers, subcommittees, and specific roles – need an

update
c. CEU’s for conference responsibility?
d. Silent Auction? Is this being planned
e. Will be changed to virtual; Stacey is looking at platforms
f. Erin updated committed that the conference would be pushed back to May
13 or May 20; decided to do May 20 – 23rd
g. An email will need to updated dates
h. Victoria requested that it’s not May 13th as she is out of town.
i. Erin has attended a demo with CVent

j. Consider adding code at the end of the session to verify entire session was
viewed by attended
k. Victoria asked about networking options
l. Erin – want to be able to keep the CEU certificates on our website
m. Erin – the conference will go back to Memphis in 2023; this year plan to use
AANLCP proud member logo
n. Victoria and Joan suggested adding more hours – brainstormed
o. Erin requested more ethics CEU’s
p. Stacey will get prices for Whova and CVent and get back to us
q. Penny – sent an email to a company who did a conference she attended may have been built on Zoom

r. Evelyn will reach out to IARP re: who ran their virtual conference
s. Consider doing a raffle and possibly incorporate a sponsorship into this
t. Give away a silent auction item of tablet or laptop


B. Education Committee Report: Becky Czarnik – no update
a. Monthly meeting – 1st Wednesday at 11 a.m. EDT
b. Committee members: Chair – Becky Czarnik; Members: Kelly Dawson, Nellie Kramer, Edna Preau-Grier, ?? other members

c. Webinar Wednesday – Current status
December 9 – Marcia Blount What you need to know when planning

for the long term care needs of a ventilated pediatric patient
January 2021 – StarK MD, SI joints
February 2021 – Radiologist presenting about preexisting conditions and reading MRIs and x-rays
March 2020 – no Webinar
d. Future: Find-A-Code, AHD, more attorneys to speak about specific cases

e. Crash Cart: will move forward when Shelene is back to work
Still on the agenda is to make sure that it is ok to transition to FIG for
maintenance.
The vetting process for new materials to be submitted
There will be an article in the Nov JNLCP about how to use it. The site is
ok enough that this is not a problem directing members on how to use it.
f. CEU’s (Webinar and/or Conference)
g. * Education Survey to membership
h. * Catalog – Webinar’s available on-demand)
i. * Reach out to Membership/Outreach Committee to market webinars with
Phelicia

C. Research Committee Report: Joan Schofield – the committee is not active – items
remain pending
a. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
b. Committee members: Linda Husted, Nancy Zangmiester, Penny Cates
c. Current status
i. Results from the survey done at 2018 Conference is in, continue

analysis of the study; Joan has completed basic tabulations, but more
data to be extrapolated
d. Outstanding issues

i. Seeking new Chair, Joan is currently acting as Chair of Committee
ii. Request the sign-up sheet from the conference of interested
members to be part of the Research Committee (Debra will obtain)
e. 8/11/20 No Report provided

D. Journal Committee Report: Wendie Howland
a. Monthly meeting – 3rd Wednesday at 8 p.m. EST
b. Call-in number (712) 832-8330; access code 2093940
c. Publications dates: February, May, August, and November
d. Plan: future journal topics
i. February 2021 – Therapeutic modalities
ii. May 2021 – Business of NLCP
iii. August 2021 – NLCP across the ages
iv. November 2021 – TBD
e. EB liaison for Journal Committee – Evelyn Robert
a. Update per Wendie – everything is on track


E. Core: Wendie Howland – Wendie Howland, Editor
a. Associate Editors – Shelly Kinney and Barbra Bate
b. Chapter deadline January
c. Update per Wendie – everything is on track
F. *Nomination Committee Report:
a. Identify committee chair/members
b. Andre Nebel – President-Elect and Richard Days – Secretary-Elect


G.*Membership/Outreach Committee Report: Phelicia McCallum – No Report. Items
remain pending. – committee is not active
a. Membership update (see EB meeting minutes)
i. Look at revising the protocol for standard questions (e.g., FAQ page
with standard questions that are often asked)
ii. Conference set up for new members to feel welcome and learn how

the conference works. Consider mentors for new members
iii. Provide a list of new member conference attendees to Joanne in
preparation for Conference mentorship
iv. Outstanding issues- ??
v. Considering adding a membership tier for retired life care planners
vi. EB update – Membership Handbook updated 8/2020
b. Outreach
i. Update committee members and responsibilities
ii. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
iii. GOAL: Increase positive image of AANLCP among members; increase
membership participation; increase membership numbers
iv. Marketing Tool: This newsletter is a marketing tool to be used, not to
be confused with the Journal, considered as education
v. Audience focus is all AANLCP members, nonmembers and CNLCP’s
vi. Will send quarterly emails to each audience. Will be short
newsletters that include information about webinars, Journal, some
educational information, and information on next years’ conference
vii. The target date for the first newsletter, pending
viii. Wendy H. joined the Outreach Committee and will ‘jazz’ up
newsletter
ix. Will begin sending members birthday emails on the day/month of
their birthday
x. Will send emails to each audience. Will be short newsletters that
include information about webinars, Journal, some educational
snippets, next years’ conference
xi. Update from 6-11-19 Need to get an update on committee status –
Erin to f/u with Phelicia

H. *Mentorship Program / Lifeline: Executive Board update – no update
a. Plan to get program active and organized; Mentor/Mentee – Guidelines
b. Guidelines completed for mentors/mentees
i. Need to match mentees with mentors

I. Student Track: Erin OConnell – no update

*The items that were not discussed will be followed up in email communications if necessary
Motion to adjourn approved
The meeting was adjourned at 7:44 p.m. EST.

Disclamer:
**The content of this document is for member use only. Not to be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, or modified. Copying or storing any content thereof is prohibited.