AANLCP Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning
Editorial Committee Agenda
Via ZOOM! (please don’t dress up) Address at the end of the page.
Beverage of choice encouraged.
8pm Eastern/7pm Central/6pm Mountain/5pm Pacific
Present: Stephen Axtell, Kellie Poliseno, Misty Coffman, Melinda Pearson, Louvenia Ringuette
Meeting Decorum: Use the hand-up reaction to indicate you have a contribution so the editor can be sure you, and everyone else, will get a chance to speak.
After Meeting Topic: Proper Referencing.
Quarterly: Thoughts about reviews.
- Louvenia Neuropsych Eval Dr. Crenshaw
- Actuaries Life Expectancy tables.
- Dawn presenter option
- American Economy of Actuaries. December 2021 Interpreting pandemic-related decreases in life expectancy.
- Follow up for finding authors for leadership issue: American Nursing Association. NursingWorld.org.
- Find out who used to be on the committee.
- Dr. Ron Luke Doctor Life Care Planner equal to Nurse Life Care Planner
- Meeting timing: check survey and talk about results. 2nd week Tuesday. Try or new time.
- Remove reviewers
- New article writer leads
- Leads for Business of Life Care Planning, style?
- Index of terms for each journal?
- Anthony follow up: schedule fix.
- Pediatrics leads: social worker dealing with writing those IEP plans in junction with a life care planner.
Follow up: Shriners Doctor for injuries. Brachioplexus cerebral Palsy
Follow up for business: performancelaws.com follow up with webinars.
Misty; CPA for how to set up your business
Using the US Lifetables from the CDC. What is appropriate/what isn’t? Pros and Cons
- Comorbidities, type 1 and 2 diabetes especially
- Brachial Plexus injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Vaccine Injury
Needs and costing
How to deal with long-term complications
- Neuropsych Eval?
- Dosing Adult vs. Child
- Consent and Self-advocacy in Children
- Family dynamics and Life Care Planning
- Charging and Costs
- ADHD, cPTSD, or Brain Injury, how to tell?
- Developmental Changes and Life Care Planning
- Mental Health presentations in Adults vs Children
Business of Life Care Planning
- Differences between Nurse Life Care Planning and Life Care Planning
- Peer Support
- Subcontracting/owning your own business
- Time Management
- Charging and cost
- Who hires you? Insurance, attorneys, and private practice
- Elder Care
- Getting hired
- Care plan checklist?
- Finding Mentorship/apprenticing/Internships
- Tricks for subcontracting
- What can I delegate
- Services to help the business
HighTail Hippa compliant
Dropbox, business option
- How to understand
- What kinds are important
- When it is important to push for it
- Pediatric testing
Emotional Trauma and Mental Health
Stages of mental health progression- recommended as part of any article in this series
How to charge?
How many sessions, how to decide
Differences between the therapies, CBT, Neurofeedback, speech therapy
How do they overlap?
How to read the reports
- Shoulder/knee surgery, pricing .
- Life expectancy tables, how to use.
- Varieties of surgery.
- Tendon Transfers
- Joint-centered articles:
Shoulders, back, knee, hip, etc
- Hip replacements, best places to find costs.
- How to code.
- Hip care.
- Different kinds of therapies.
- Likelihood of complications and degeneration
- Hands, ankles, wrists.
Ostomy and Wound Care
- G-tubes and pegs
- Difference between certified and non-certified life care planners.How to keep them accountable?
- Mandatory Reporting: how and who?
- Retained Defense Life Care Planner: Expert errors. What to consider.
- Ethical Violations: Defense or Plaintiff.
- How to tell an attorney that you don’t have a case.
Tentative schedule Writer/reviewer deadlines
HQ AANLCP is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: AANLCP Editorial Board Meeting
Every month on the Second Tuesday of the month
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 884 4591 0126
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 360 209 5623 US
Meeting ID: 884 4591 0126
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdcujFFaIg
**The content of this document is for member use only. Not to be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, or modified. Copying or storing any content thereof is prohibited.
Need help? Contact Our Technical Support
299 S. Main Street, Suite 1300-91732
Salt Lake City, UT 84111-1919.
Fax : (801) 274-1184