EXECUTIVE BOARD &
COMMITTEE CHAIRS MEETING MINUTES JUNE 11, 2019
APPROVED 10/8/19 MEETING

MEETING INFORMATION

Objective:
Date:
Location:
Executive Board & Committee Chairs Joint Meeting
June 11, 2019
Virtual
Meeting Type: Zoom teleconference
Time:
Call to order:
Adjourned:
6:30 EDT / 5:30 CDT / 4:30 MDT / 3:30 PDT
6:30 PM EDT
7:12 PM EDT
Coordinator:
Timekeeper:
Attendees:
Debra Lloyd
Kelly Dawson
Erin OConnell, LaToya Lowery, Kimberly Kushner, Kelly Dawson, Wendie Howland, Debra Lloyd
Facilitator:
Scribe:
Debra Lloyd
Kelly Dawson
Guests:None
Absent: Kelly Campbell, Jen Craigmyle, Becky Czarnik, Joan Schofield, Phelicia
McCallum

Next EB & Committee Chair Meeting: 10/8/19
(6:30 EDT / 5:30 CDT / 4:30 MDT / 3:30 PDT via Zoom
PREPARATION FOR MEETING
Committee Chairs Meeting Minutes
• Conference Committee
• Education Committee
• Research Committee
• Journal Committee
• Core Curriculum
• Nominations Committee
• Outreach Committee
• Membership Committee
Mentorship Program / Lifeline
• Student Track

Quarterly EB-Chair Meeting Minutes for 6/11/19:
Motion for Approval: Wendie Howland
Seconded: Erin OConnell


AGENDA ITEMS
A. Conference Committee: Kelly Campbell and Jenn Craigmyle (2019), and Debra
Lloyd – update by Kelly Campbell per email (6/3/19 meeting)
a. Monthly meeting – 1st Monday at 5 pm EST
I. Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/195739069
II. Join by phone: (252) 923-3124; PIN 842 461 946#
b. Committee member volunteers, subcommittees, and specific roles
I. Shaanay Arnold – Welcome Reception Co-Chair
II. Brenda Boston
III.Kelly Ehrhardt
IV.Barbara Greenfield – Speaker Co-Chair
V.Laura Maycock – Pre/Post Conference Co-Chair
VI.Amy Mackenzie – Poster Co-Chair
VII.Kelly Tanner
c. Healthy start on the speaker list
d. Debra was provided with an extensive vendor/sponsor list overall conference
focus TBI and SCI, and potential guests – 12 speakers confirmed to date
e. Wendie Howland suggested a speaker for 2020 (? Name); Wendie will email
contact information to Kelly Campbell
f. Continuing work with Debra to finalize logo and plan to begin social media
presence.
g. Marketing idea – “family vacation” (sandiego.com, San Diego Zoo, Sea
World)
h. Potential pre-conference “field trip” to a rehabilitation center
i. Potential post-conference – SEAK
j. Speakers include – judges/attorney/insurance panel
k. Last day – “Legal Day”
l. Debra working on airline discounts
m. Debra is updating and building all applicable and needed policies (refund,
exhibitor, etc.); she will send to the committee when completed


B. Education Committee Report: per Becky Czarnik via email update (6/5/19)
a. Monthly Meeting – 1st Wednesday at 7 am EST
b. Webinar Wednesday – Current status
I. June – working with VA U&C fee schedule
II. July – Video marketing
III.August – TBD
IV.September – Economist
V.October – TBD
VI.November – Nurse for Justice (working with Criminal Justice System
VII.December – lessons learned from a Daubert Challenge
VIII.Future: in-house vs. remote library access and research platforms
(e.g., Ovid, PubMed, etc.), Find-a-Code, AHD, more attorneys to speak
about specific

c. Crash Cart/Dropbox: Becky Czarnik, Kelly Dawson, and Sherry Copp will work
on the organization of the page/site and updating; may be nice to have a
search button to this page on the website to improve the ease of locating
specific resources
d. Plan to send out new Education Survey to membership
e. Catalog – Webinar’s available on demand
f. Looking for more volunteers
g. Erin recommended reaching out to Outreach committee to market webinars
with Phelicia
h. Wendie suggested offering a free webinar; if you join AANLCP by “X” date,
the member will get a free webinar of their choice, Debra suggested using a
promotional code.


C. *Research Committee Report: Joan Schofield – No Report. Items remain pending
a. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
b. Current status
i. Results from the survey done at 2018 Conference is in, continue
analysis of the study
ii. Call out to members for a replacement Research Chair and interest to
members
iii. Committee meetings will meet the 1st Thursday of each month
c. Outstanding issues
i. Seeking new Chair, Joan is currently acting as Chair of Committee
ii. Request the sign-up sheet from the Conference of interested members
to be part of the Research Committee (Debra will obtain)


D. Journal Committee Report: Wendie Howland
a. Monthly meeting – 3rd Wednesday at 8 pm EST
b. Call-in number (712) 832-8330; access code 2093940
c. Publications dates: February, May, August, and November
d. Plan: for future journal topics done for the next two year
i. August 2019 – Pain Management
ii. November 2019 – Technology update
iii. February 2020 – Spinal Cord Injury

iv. May 2020 – Orthotics and Prostheses: Rescheduled
v. August 2020 – Evidenced Based Practice
vi. November 2020 – Durable Medical Equipment
vii. February 2021 – Therapeutic modalities
viii. May 2021 – Business of NLCP
ix. August 2021 – NLCP across the ages
x. November 2021 – TBD
e. Wendie will send monthly meeting minutes going forward to Kelly Dawson


E. Core Curriculum: Wendie Howland
a. Plan to start work on Core Curriculum 2nd ed. beginning week of June 11,
b. Wendie reported she would be “basically” starting over as significant updates
are needed


F. Nomination Committee Report: No new updates
a. Verify committee chair/members
b. Executive Board will review new nominees
c. Looking for a committee chair and members


G. *Outreach Committee: Phelicia McCallum – No Report. Items remain pending.
a. Update committee members and responsibilities
b. Monthly meeting (date/time): ??
c. GOAL: Increase positive image of AANLCP among members; increase
membership participation; increase membership numbers
d. Marketing Tool: This newsletter is a marketing tool to be used, not to be
confused with the Journal, considered as education
e. Audience focus is all AANLCP members, nonmembers and CNLCP’s
i. Plan to send quarterly emails to each audience. Will be short
newsletters that include information about webinars, journal, some
educational information, and information on next years’ conference
ii. The target date for the first newsletter, pending
iii. Wendy H. joined the Outreach Committee and will ‘jazz’ up newsletter
iv. Will begin sending members birthday emails on the day/month of
their birthday


H. Membership Committee Report: Executive Board & Debra Lloyd (update via
email/Debra)
a. Membership update (see EB meeting minutes)
i. Look at revising the protocol for standard questions (e.g., FAQ page
with standard questions that are typically asked in this setting)
ii. Committee’s goal will be to welcome new members and educate
them on the AANLCP organization and educational opportunities
(e.g., webinars, annual conference, mentorship)

iii. Need mentors for new members
iv. Provide a list of new member conference attendees in preparation for
Conference mentorship
b. Outstanding issues-none
c. 6-11-19 Considering adding a membership tier for retired life care planners


I. Mentorship Program / Lifeline: Erin OConnell
a. Plan to get program active and organized; Mentor/Mentee – Guidelines and
definition
b. Finishing up guidelines for mentors/mentees
i. Looking for mentors
ii. Many members are looking for mentors
iii. Open to all members


J. Student Track
a. Plan to get program active and organized; Mentor/Mentee – Guidelines and
commitment
b. YM says we have 13 new members; Debra will confirm
c. FIG is the only approved participant in this program to date
d. Debra plans to contact other LCP programs and courses to become involved
– criteria for participating in Student Track will be determined by AANLCP;
Instructors must be pre-approved by AANLCP
e. Students members get various benefits and discounts
f. Debra has redone or updated all applicable Student Track documents


*The items that were not discussed will be followed up in email communications
Motion to adjourn approved unanimously
Meeting adjourned 7:12 p.m.
NoneNoneNone